Well, you'll recall about a month ago I put up a post with links to my interview with Gabriel White about his film Tongdo Fantasia and his interview with me about the REM trilogy.
Well, since then there have been two further developments. John Radford has done an interview with Gabriel about his film Aucklantis, and Gabriel has posted a second and final part of the interview with me (we only managed to get through two volumes of the trilogy in the first conversation).
So here goes:
The REM trilogy interview part two, focusing on the final volume EMO. (Sunday, December 21, 2008). Gabriel White – The World Blank and Other Projects. 8 video clips:
- [1/8] What is ‘Emo’?
- [2/8] 3’s / Eva Ave / Althusser.
- [3/8] Eva Braun’s Diary / vivisection / cloning.
- [4/8] Story frames – The Arabian Nights / Moons of Mars / characters / genre fictions / Bataille.
- [5/8] Movements and motivations – Perec / patterns / surrealism / settings.
- [6/8] Settings / images, words and sounds.
- [7/8] The blind creator / textual processes – the internet.
- [8/8] Ovid in Otherworld / the nurse / Ovid / otherness.
[Ivan Corsa: Lafayette Street Girl (2005)]
Come on, you know you're dying to have a listen! Who knows, it might change your life ...
Anyway, there it all is. The only thing is that you'll probably have to download the latest version of Quicktime in order to see and hear us properly. Free, though, and the gateway to lots of other exciting stuff on Gabriel's website.