[photograph: Jack Ross (2006)]
(for Anna Rugis)
The city is a map of the city
– Ciaran Carson, Belfast Confetti
This is my current work-in-progress -- a set of interlinked poems about my own personal map of where I live. They run in geographical order from north to south ...
Here are the poems:
- O Canada! (30-31/7/03)
- Cruisy morning, eh? (8-19/8/03)
- Tentacles of Destruction (14 & 20-27/5/04)
- The Asbestos Hands of Dr. J. (7/10/04-26/1/06)
- We were Soldiers (20-21/4/02)
- Castor Bay (17-24/2/06)
- DEATH & BEYOND (2-5/6/03)
- Refrigerium (20-22/1/06)
- Birkenhead (21-22/11/03)
- A Sunday Walk (13-31/7/03)
- Such Manners (21-23/12/05)
- First Night (20-21/4/02)
- Cycle Couriers in Freyberg Square (17-25/2/06)
- This DVD contains everything there is to know about Stargate - & more! (13-15/9/05)
- The Kid Stays in the Picture (27-28/5/03)
- Every girl’s a babe (6-10/9/05)
- Newmarket (30/6-22/7/03)
- Unsuccessful Applicant for Neighbourhood Watch (29/9/05)
- Coromandel (26-28/7/03)
- Blinds (28/2-11/3/06)
It also functions as a game, the Auckland Game.
The rules are here.
Basically they're very simple.
Start off on the place gameboard, then move onto time.
Here's a list of the poems by place, and here they are again by time.